Time’s Hourglass

 

Time’s Hourglass

7-28-26


Lord, only You know the days and the hours

Between me and eternity,

Each sand-grain falls faster than the last 

Time’s hourglass will soon be empty.

And all the things that have used my time

Have robbed me of some precious sand

And it cannot be replaced on earth

For it was given by Thine hand.

And one day You will require of me

To give account of what I’ve done

While men may give and take excuses

Before Thee, Lord, there shall be none.

What here on earth may seem important

Will burn up in fire just the same

All that will remain more than ashes

Is what has been done in Your name.

So help me, Lord, to number my days

To wisely use them to serve Thee,

That whether I die or You return

I’ll be not ashamed in glory.


Heather Rausch


No comments:

Post a Comment